TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PASSPORT COMPETITION
Entry is open to all members of the public aged 18 years who attend the Property Buyer & Investor Expo at Sydney Showground, Hall 5 on either October 26 or October 27, 2019.
To attend the Property Buyer & Investor Expo tickets are required to be purchased.
Employees, immediate family members of employees, employees of any company associated with the Promotion, Property Buyer & Investor Expo, or an exhibitor or sponsor of the Property Buyer & Investor Expo are ineligible to enter.
The Promotion commences on 09:00 26 /10 /2019 and entries close on 16.50 27/10 /2019 (Promotion Period).
To enter, Eligible Entrants must
- Have an eligible entry ticket to the Property Buyer & Investor Expo.
- Attend the Property Buyer & Investor Expo at Sydney Showground, Hall 5 and once inside the Expo download the free event app (the app) from the Google or Apple app stores.
- Enter their entrant details into the app.
- Enter the passport code for all of the included exhibitors stands listed in the passport into the app, during the Promotion Period.
- Be present at the Property Buyer & Investor Expo at Sydney Showground, Hall 5 at 17:00 on either 26 /10 /2019 or 27/10 /2019 for the prize draw.
Entries must be submitted by an individual (not via an agency or similar)
Once an entry has been submitted the entrant is deemed to agree to the terms and conditions as specified in this document.
This Prize Draw is governed by the laws of Australia and the jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.
Prizes and winning
- All valid entries received during the Promotion Period will be placed into a draw as detailed below.
- Two random prize draws will take place;
- First random prize draw will take place at 17:00 on 26 /10 /2019 at Property Buyer Expo at Sydney Showground, Hall 5;
- The Second random prize draw will take place at 17:00 on 27 /10 /2019 at Property Buyer Expo at Sydney Showground, Hall 5;
- The winning entrant must be present at the random prize draw;
- The first valid entry for each draw will be awarded the prize;
- If a winning entrant does not appear within 5 minutes of the draw, a redraw will take place;
- The winner of the first draw will receive $10,000;
- The winner of the second draw will receive $10,000;
- Total prize pool value is $20,000;
- The cash prize is limited to two single cash prize of $10,000 each;
- The cash prize will be transferred to the winners nominated bank account via electronic funds transfer.
- Do not put bank account details in the Passport. We will contact the winner to obtain their details.
- The winner will be notified by phone and announced on the public address system at Property Buyer & Investor Expo at Sydney Showground, Hall 5 within 15 seconds of the draw.
- The winner will have their name published on the website www.propertybuyerexpo.com.au on 28/10 /2019.
- If the prize is unclaimed an unclaimed prize draw will be conducted five minutes after the draw at the same place as the original draw. If a winner is drawn they will be contacted by phone and announced on the public address system at Property Buyer & Investor Expo at Sydney Showground, Hall 5 within 15 seconds of the draw and will have their name published on the website www.propertybuyerexpo.com.au on 28/01/2020
Authorised under NSW permit number: LTPS/19/38112
Other terms and conditions
- Entrants must only register in their own name. Any entries of an entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the sole discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter may require entrants to promptly provide identification including (without limitation) proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter, participate and claim a Prize. In the event that the entrant fails to produce such proof that entrant will be ineligible for the Promotion.
- Tax Implications. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- Entrants must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional and publicity activity in connection with this Promotion or the winning of any Prize, free of charge, and sign any additional documents reasonably required by the Promoter to give effect to this condition. An entrant consents to the Promoter, its promotional partners, sponsors, exhibitors and its related bodies corporate using the entrant’s name, likeness, entry, image and/or voice in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for any purpose in connection with the Promotion.
- Disqualification (a) Compliance with Terms of Entry. If the Promoter becomes aware after an entrant has won a Prize that the entrant has not complied with these Terms of Entry, that entrant will have no entitlement to the Prize, even if the Promoter has announced them as a winner. That entrant will be required to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the Prize. (b) Behaviour. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner, prohibit the winner’s participation in the Prize (or part thereof), or otherwise cease to provide any prize benefit to the winner, if the winner acts in a way, or cause material to be published, which the Promoter in its sole discretion deems to be inappropriate, aggressive, defamatory, offensive, or contrary to law or the rules (if any), to diminish the good name or reputation of any exhibitor or sponsor and/or the Promoter, its products and/or services or any of its related bodies corporate, or is otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the Promotion; (c) Tampering. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any entries and in its sole discretion, disqualify any or all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this Promotion by, any person who:
i. tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Promotion;
ii. acts in violation of these Terms of Entry;
iii. acts in a disruptive manner;
iv. acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or
v. engages in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion.
The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
(d) For the avoidance of doubt, the winner can be disqualified after the winner is notified and published. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use any element of the Prize for whatever reason.
- Further marketing. By entering into the competition the entrant grants permission and agrees that Property Buyer & Investor Expo sponsors and may contact the entrant by email and send the entrant marketing material to their nominated email address. The entrant may elect to opt out of receiving exhibitor emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any marketing email at anytime.
- Australian Consumer Laws. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies make no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any Prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any Prize, or the failure of any Prize to be of merchantable quality. If liability under terms implied by legislation cannot be excluded, the liability of the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies is limited to resupplying the relevant goods or services or paying the cost of replacing them.
- Conduct of Promotion.
a. Unforeseen Events. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including, but not limited to, by reason of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, telephone network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, invalidate any affected entries and/or, if necessary, provide an alternative prize to the same value as the original prize, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in each Eligible States and Territories.
b. Amendment of Promotion. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its sole discretion amend any aspect of this Promotion or of these Terms of Entry from time to time, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Eligible States and Territories, if required.
c. Currency. Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these Terms of Entry or the Schedule or in any advertisement relating to this Promotion to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia.
d. Compliance with Terms of Entry. If an entrant is unable to or refuses or fails to take part in any element of this Promotion or an entrant or entry is deemed not to comply with these Terms of Entry, that entrant’s entry to the Promotion will be invalid.
- Collection Statements. By entering and participating in the Promotion in the manner required, entrants agree to the collection and disclosure of their Personal Information in accordance with the relevant collection statement notified to the entrant at the time of entering the Promotion.
- Third Party Personal Information. Each entrant must ensure that any other person whose personal details have been provided by the entrant to the Promoter for the purposes of the entrant’s participation in this Promotion has given their implied or express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoter and any of its related bodies corporate and to be contacted by the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate in relation to this Promotion. Personal Information means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth), information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Promoter means: The Property Buyer Expo Pty Ltd (ACN 633 768 331) c/- Access Professionals Pty Ltd, ‘Commercial 2’, 36-46 Tooronga Terrace, Beverly Hills NSW 2209
Promotion means this completion Property Buyer & Investor Passport Competition